멘토는 네오스 중제자가 주관하지만 멘토 리드 팀이 운영하는 봉사 프로그램 입니다. 네오스 커뮤니티의 자원봉사자들은 다른 사용자들이 혼란스러워하거나 어려움을 느끼는 사용자들을 자유시간에 돕거나 교육합니다. 그들은 전체 유저들의 도움, 지원을 제공하는것을 목표로 합니다. 특히 처음 시작한 사용자들에게 더욱 그렇습니다. 멘토들은 처음온 사람들에게 약간의 사회적 장벽 역활을 합니다. (오역이 있을 수 있음)
A Neos Mentor is a community volunteer that takes their time to impart knowledge, encourages a healthy atmosphere for the community, and welcomes new and older users alike to the platform. Mentors can come in all shapes in sizes such as Leaders, Teachers, Guides, or even someone who is really friendly and helps out.
To quote someone's experience with a Mentor. "It's like I had a living NPC showing me around, giving me quests, tutorials, and being super helpful"
네오스 멘토는 커뮤니티의 다른 회원들에게 지식을 전파하는 자원 봉사 프로그램으로 관리는 현재 Turk씨가 하고 있습니다. 멘토는 프로젝트 리더, 교사, 가이드, 멘토등이 되고자 하는 사람들 뿐만 아니라 타인에게 도움을 주고 싶은 사람들에게 롤모델이 될 수 있는 시금석이 될 역할을 합니다. 대다수의 사용자들이 처음 네오스에 접속하면 겪게되는 경험이 있습니다. 물건이 어디에 있는지, 어디로 가야할지, 각 기능들은 어떻게 사용하는것인가 하는 것들 이지요. MTC(Metaverse Training Center)와 자습서(Tutorial)등이 있지만 아직은 완벽하진 않을 것입니다. 이런 상태는 적어도 Neos가 완성될때까지 유지될 것입니다. 따라서 멘토는 그 틈을 메우는 역할을 맡아 새로운 사용자와 커뮤니티를 돕고 그들을 안내하여, 사용자간 격차를 해소하는 사람입니다.
As a mentor, only in your free volunteered time, you would help users, teach others, introduce users to the community, or even show users the cool content Neos has to offer. If you are unable to assist, teach, or show another user, you will point them in the direction of another Mentor who is available.
Why would you want to be a Mentor vs just participating in the Community?
Being a Mentor offers multiple benefits. It gives you a badge to signify you are ready and willing to help, it lets you be in contact and assist with other volunteer teams (Moderation, QC, etc), and also gives you resources and environment to learn and enrich your Neos Experience. It's also a lot of fun to see people so happy about what you do!
The Neos Mentors is a program to recognize but also train those who want to be Leaders, Teachers, Guides, Mentors, or Friendly people in the community and act as a beacon for new or old users to show Neos. I'm sure many of you started on your first day of Neos, unsure of where things are, where to go, or how to use Neos. The tutorial experience is supposed to do this, but as of right now it will be incomplete for some time and it won't have everything until Neos is "finished". As such, a Mentor is someone who does this role to help new users and welcome them to the fold and bridges that gap. Neos Mentors as a program identity wise will probably change over time, but note that being a Mentor means you an active and helpful community member.
There are no hard criteria, but we are always looking for possible Mentors with the following qualities:
- Following the Guidelines and Mentor Guidelines as community role models.
- Ensuring you can courteously handle new users and welcome them to the community.
- Reporting concerns or issues you find to the appropriate channels. (Bugs, Exploits, Moderation)
- Respect users from all walks of life in Neos.
- Understanding of the Neos Toolset at the most basic level. (Tooltips, Avatars, Worlds, etc)
If you're okay with this, then please apply!
Right now Neos is very tight knit, but at a cost information is very tribal based, incomplete, or hard to find. Efforts are being made to rectify this but for a platform with many social elements, sometimes the solution needs to be partially social. So by meeting or talking to a Mentor we can push you in the right direction, or talking to the right people in the community who can help. Think of a Mentor as a living NPC to quote from someone's experience, we just want to show you Neos and all it's wonder because that gift of showing someone to Neos is really precious. Nothing more nothing less.
The Mentors are currently run by the Mentor Lead Team as a group:
The mentor lead team is led by Veer, our Chief Moderation Officer.
Anyone can be a Mentor, a Mod, a Team Member, or even a Community Member, many of us were Mentors in the early days before many realized we were going to be Mods or Team Members. By being a Mentor its a way of vetting or giving that you little bit of responsibility to see how you'll handle it. By being a part of the mentors you help Neos in more ways then you can imagine.
Being a Mentor is volunteer based, but also understand this is not a job. You are not obligated to do this all the time. So overall when you become a mentor, the expectations the role has are typically 3 things
- Reach out on the NeosVR Discord through the #questions-help channel, where you can ping the @Neos Mentor role to find free volunteers for help.
- Include a request for mentors or help in the name of your session. When opening a new world you will be prompted to give it a name, with the default as “<User name’s> World”, clicking on this will open a keyboard to edit the name.
What is the goal of the Mentors?
Mentors was created with 3 Goals:
이 프로그램의 목표는 무엇인가요?
3) 사람들이 우리의 문제나 개선점에 대해 진솔하게 말할 수 있도록 합니다.
멘토에게 도움받을 수 있는 것들은 어떤것이 있을까요?
멘토는 일반적으로 다방면의 지식을 가지고 있지만, 모든 질문에 대한 응답을 할 수는 없습니다. 멘토가 잘 모른다고 하여 당황하거나 하진 마세요. 그들은 당신과 동등한 커뮤니티를 구성하는 회원입니다.
그들은 당신에게 아바타, 로직스, 월드, 제작, 음향, 사용안내, 계정과 페트레온, 튜토리얼, 위키등과 같은 대부분의 영역에 대한 도움을 줄 수 있습니다.
Make sure that you've read the above information carefully.
Once done you can submit an application.
When applying keep in mind that:
- Applications do take some time as the leads themselves are also volunteers. You will receive a response from one of the leads within 1-2 weeks if you do apply.
- Becoming a Mentor is not a path to Moderation. There will be a Moderation application further in the future as more info arises.
- If a month has passed since you applied, contact one of the leads through the NeosVR Discord.
For other resources see: