Contribuyendo y traduciendo
Neos Wiki es un proyecto de la comunidad. ¡Gracias a todos por su ayuda y contribuciones! Somos un equipo pequeño y mantenerlo no sería posible sin ustedes.
Before you get started, here are some guidelines on editing the wiki to keep in mind.
- Just edit it! You don't need any special status, approval or permission to edit the wiki
- Don't send us drafts or WIPs. Just edit away. We'll work on content as we go :)
- Don't use Google Docs or Word to draft documentation. Writing directly in the wiki helps you to think like a wiki.
- Follow the principle of "progressive enhancement" Good -> Better -> Best
When writing we don't really have a "writing style" to follow but we do have some guidelines:
- Link to other articles lots!, Cross linking articles is fantastic.
- Write using proper sentences and casing.
- Avoid over capitalization.
- Write using you and we instead of I
- Avoid article names that are sentences. "LogiX" is better than "What is LogiX" in this case Logix, should contain information about what LogiX is without saying it.
- Use headings... lots they help with readability
- Use bullet pointed lists, they're great
- Avoid tables for large paragraphs of text.
- Factual data, numerical data etc are fine. But we often see tables that would be better served as a collection of multiple tables or a collection of multiple bullet pointed lists or headings.
Due to the ever changing nature of the wiki and its internationalization requirements, we'll need you to format things in a certain way.
- Avoid using ancient HTML tags.
<b>,<br>,<i>,<div> etcshould be avoided. Use the WikiText Equivalents wherever possible.
- If you need a line break add a literal line break.
- Avoid starting a page with a heading which is a copy of the page name. The title of the page is the page name, not the first heading.
Finding content to edit
The Neos Wiki is a very fast moving environment as the community try to keep up with various Neos Changes and updates. To that end it can be unclear what needs to be edited or tweaked.
To help with this we have a number of pages which list content that is in need of attention. These pages are called Stubs. You can find a list of stubs on these automatically generated pages:
Check these pages regularly for lists of pages that need help.
Components & Nodes
Neos Users use a huge amount of LogiX Nodes and Components to create in-game content. All of these need documentation!
Before writing Node or Component pages it is important that you get a copy of the latest templates.
These files were created by Epsilion using a Plugin for neos.
The templates include:
- A Stub page to get you started
- A picture of the Node/Component which you should upload
Check Category:NodeMenu for a list of nodes, it resembles the in-game Node Browser. Any nodes could do with reviews, edits and updates but if you see a Node with a Red link that means it is undocumented. Please feel free to type documentation for it!
We have a list of components on Category:Components which can have gaps or missing pages. If you find a component that is missing documentation please go ahead and add it.
Making Larger Changes
When making changes to the wiki, the general principle is to go right ahead. However, when making changes to larger pages such as the Main Page or pages which are edited, touched or translated frequently please be careful. There are sometimes subtleties and nuances that need to be covered when editing these pages. Please double check in the Wiki channel of the Neos Discord before you make such changes. The community there will say yes a lot of the time but sometimes a discussion may be required.
The Neos Wiki uses Media Wiki as its wiki engine and MediaWiki has extensive documentation on how to edit Wiki pages.
Toda persona con una Cuenta Neos es capaz de contribuir a las páginas existentes y crear nuevas.
A Category is a way to categorize pages that follow a certain theme or topic. You can use them to group together these pages as a category page will create a table of pages within its category. For more information on categories please see Media Wiki's guide on categories. However here are some specific Neos Wiki items of guidance:
- Category Pages can contain information and text. Use this to explain what the category is and what it does.
- Subcategories can exist
- To Create one, put a Category page into another Category.
- For example, Category:Animals, Could contain Category:Animals:Mammals.
- To do this, Make sure Category:Animals:Mammals is named exactly like that and then ensure it also has [[Category:Animals]] within it.
- A page can be in more than one category.
- Please try to avoid creating categories that have only one page within them.
- Be careful when nesting categories. Members of a category should not also be a category themselves. Category:Vegetables is fine. However, Potato being its own Category is NOT ok.
Para preparar una página para su traducción, por favor edítelo para agregar el tag
en la primera línea de la página para mostrar la caja de selección de idioma y así agrupar el resto de la página en
tags para marcar contenido traducible.
Follow the "Mark this page for translation" link that will now appear in page header. You can review translation units and hit "Mark this version for translation" button at the bottom to get translation process going.
Page header will now feature translation links for all logged in Wiki users.
Links to other pages can be translated using
[[Main Page|Translation]] denotation in order to keep them pointing at the original page.
Getting logged out
We are aware that the wiki will periodically log you out and are working on a solution.
For now, please save your contributions and translations before pressing "Save Changes". An empty Notepad document works well here.