How to Help
Neos is a diverse and exciting platform and with everything going on it can be difficult to keep up to date and to determine how you can help us grow and improve. Here's a guide to help you get involved!
Neos is a free to use metaverse engine. We don't have any upfront costs or contracts. This does mean that we rely on other sources of income to help keep us running though. If you'd like to help us financially then you can:
- Become a Neos Patron via Patreon - Becoming a Patron grants you numerous Perks and Benefits.
- Participate in our NCR(Neos Credits) ICO - NCR is our Cryptocurrency which you'll be able to use in game to buy items(Once our Store is available).
- Donate to us via:
- Become a subscriber on our Twitch Channel
You can create content on Neos and share it with your friends, social media following and our community. We love seeing all manner of creations that you and the community have created. Everything is possible including:
Once your content is created, be sure to share it on Twitter, Discord, YouTube and wherever else you'd like to share it. We'd love to see it!
You can Participate in our community:
- We have an active Discord community which we encourage you to join.
- We're active on Twitter. Tweet us or use the hash tag #NeosVR.
- We have a Reddit.
Our Discord has regular events, meetups and groups all hanging out both in and out of the game.
Neos is a closed source engine right now that is developed by a small team and we don't have plans to change this for the moment but that doesn't mean you can't help us. To help with our development you can consider:
- Becoming a Mentor or Moderator to help our Community
- Exploring our Plugins system which allows you to prototype advanced Neos Functionality.
- Logging Bugs and Feature Requests on our Issue Tracker.
- Making tutorials or helping by writing documentation on this Wiki site.
- Provide more information or reproduction steps on issues that need more information.
Vote on Issues
If you'd like to influence our development or roadmap you can do this by voting on our issues. There are a number of ways to do this:
- Become a Patreon and use the Priority Support to vote on your issue
- Vote on a GitHub issue by using the "Thumbs Up" Emoji reaction
Do remember that while important, votes aren't 100% decisive in what we work on. There is a complex set of prioritizations, decisions and planning which these votes play into but do not decide completely. If your voted issue isn't being worked on right now that doesn't mean we don't care. It just means that something else is important right now. When we decide what to work on next, we'll take a look at your votes again.
- Make sure to read our FAQ